We are the Knights of Freedom, we are brave enough to fight dragons!
How to add to your quest:
To begin, click on 'New Post' at the top of the page. Your name and the date will automatically appear. Each time you complete a quest find your name and select 'comments', below the post. You can attach files, pictures, even video to your original posts, but you cannot attach them to comments.
Completed Quests
January 2009 Quests
A. Read book: Read the Biography of Abraham Lincoln, and participate in a discussion
B. Lincoln’s mother died from a poisonous plant. How did she get the plant’s poison, did she eat it, rub it on her skin, get it in a cut? Learn about a poisonous plant in our area. How does it poison you? Draw a picture of it and show it to the group.
C. Instead of using his “sum book” to do math, Lincoln wrote simple poetry verses. See a few examples on page 17 and 18. Try writing your own verse.
D. Two experiences had an impact on Lincoln’s political views, Black Hawk’s War, and the Kansas-Nebraska Act. Learn what these events were and why they affected Lincoln’s decisions.
E. In your opinion, what was the Civil War about?
Challenge Quest 1: Participate in a Gettysburg battle simulation. Explain what happened on that battlefield.
Challenge Quest 2: The Gettysburg Address has ten sentences. It has been called one of the most powerful speeches in American History. Memorize the speech and explain its significance. You will get a prize for every sentence you learn.
Challenge Quest 3: Abraham Lincoln was a great persuader and debater. Learn about debate, then choose a topic and participate in a debate.
Knights
Sir Mander
Sir Carter
Sir McKay
Sir Zachary
Sir Noah
Sir Jesse
Sir Christian
Sir Dallen
Sir Grant
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Sir Mander the Loyal
Hi! My name is Robo Knight. I come in peace, I am searching for knowledge. I was created by Sir Mander the Loyal, and I am also loyal to him. I was not from a comic book, and I was not from drawing book, I was just from Sir Manders imagination.
No comments:
Post a Comment